Friday, February 11, 2011

Morning Update

We continue to receive the nicest comments from people on this blog.  I just finished reading the comments from last night and this morning to Dad.  He is so appreciative of all of the nice things people are saying.  Thank you so much!!  This brightens his day, Mom’s day, and all of their children and grand children.

Dad had a better night last night – he was up twice but did not fall.  Mom was smart and changed sides of the bed with him so he was closer to the bathroom.  The other advantage is that he is used to the other side so when he went to take the covers off himself he pulled them off her so she woke up…worked great!!!  Thanks Lisa for the good idea.  We are having hospice come in.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to have hospice come in, that will free up your time so you don't have to worry about the medications and can just enjoy each others company. I think about all of you everyday all day. Hope for the best and love you all. Have a good day.
    Leslie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a good visit with y'all today. Thanks for letting stay for a bit. I tried to be aware and not stay too long. I know Gary tires easily, and Raynee must get tired as well.

    I so loved seeing Gary be, well, Gary. His sense of humor is still as present as always as is Raynee's. I spoke to Fred after I left you, and he and I both reminisced about our long friendship with your family and how dear Gary and Raynee are to both of us. We have a lovely history to look back on.

    Love you all ...

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've worked with Hospice and Palliative Care (I tried to get a Children's Hospice started in SLC). I went to several Hospice conventions. What an upbeat, positive, wonderful group of people! I'm glad that you will have Hospice support. For them, it's about how you LIVE. :) -Lisa

    ReplyDelete