Thursday, February 10, 2011

Evening Update

My family went to visit Dad tonight and he was tired and not thinking very clearly.  He said he felt OK but I am not sure if that was him or the drugs talking. :)  Matt and Jessica (Dad’s nephew and niece) came by for a visit and that was very nice to see them.  We talked a about family stories and got up to speed with both of them.

Dad said that Grandma Rene came by and stayed for awhile.  Mom and Dad loving having her come to visit.  Grandma Betty is trying to come out in the next several days and be with Dad.  We are working hard to make this happen.

Mom said that she switched sides on the bed with Dad so he is right by the bathroom, she has the walker right by his bed, and she is leaving lights on.  We hope this will help and he does not fall again.
Tomorrow is the day when we (hopefully) will find the results of the two tests and maybe have some help to know what direction we should go.

Dad, Zak, Jen, Josh, Teague, and Ivy

3 comments:

  1. Could we take turns staying up to help Gary in the night so Raynee can sleep? I would imagine we could find men in the Stake who would be glad to serve in this way. (I would be happy to help - but just guessing that he doesn't want my help in that department. I'll stick to cooking!) Lisa M

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's anything, the smallest thing, the biggest thing.. anything you guys need, please call me.

    I'm so sorry that Gary is having such a hard time, I'm sorry that he fell.

    I am praying continually that he finds some relief from this awful pain. I can't imagine.

    I pray that today you'll get some answers, that Gary will find peace from the unrelenting symptoms, and Raynee will get some rest.

    You guys are all an inspiration! What wonderful children you are, and I am sure that Gary and Raynee are so proud of you all.

    You're the light of their lives.

    Thank you again for the blog, without it ... what would we do? It is a way to support without intruding, it's a way to collectively show our love for Gary and Raynee. Thank you.

    May the Lord bless you all today, may it be a very good day for you all.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you get some good news today with the test results. Hang tough, Gary! Thoughts and prayers coming your way today and always. And, our best to the Bengtzen family. Truly amazing people.

    Trent and Teresa Cockayne

    ReplyDelete