Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Evening and Voting Update

So…we have a few votes in on the soap opera title.  “The Bald and Beautiful” has one vote and “The Not-So-Young but still Restless” has 6 votes (thanks Lisa for the other nominations!).  Come on…we want to hear from you!

We took Dad to the doctor’s office and he said there were several possibilities that would cause the bleeding but none of them were immediately life threatening.  They did do some tests which we should have the results on Friday.  It looks like Friday is the BIG day for a few tests now.  The doctor said to watch Dad for the next few days to see if it gets worse.  I just love the waiting game!

Our sweet Aunt Kathy (Mom’s sister) spent her entire day cleaning Mom’s house.  Kathy, we cannot tell you how much it means to us.  You have always been so giving!  Thank you!

Grandma Rene brought lunch over and it was really good!  I love spending time with both of my grandmothers.  It is interesting to me that I have become closer to them in the last year than I have been my whole life.  These are two amazing women who are going through very difficult times with their husbands, yet they are still thinking of others.  We love both of you very much!

We heard from Grandma Betty tonight and she said we should name the IV stand “Ivy.”  Tim said we should name it “Bruce.”  When Alicia’s family came over tonight Connor added the name of “Bert” to the mix (because it was tall and skinny like Bert from Sesame Street).  We voted and “Ivy” won.  Sorry Tim and Connor!

We got another bag of fluids in Dad and he was a whole new person tonight.  He said he felt much better and was able to think clearly again (we are all amazed he can think at all with all the pain and medications he is on).

Mom was a little tender today and was pretty tired but she was still a rock!  We all continue to be amazed at her strength.  Chris and his family are coming up this weekend and we are looking forward to spending some time as a complete family. 


Alicia, Nathan, Rick, Ivy, Brittany, Connor, and Mom surrounding Dad


2 comments:

  1. I love 'ivy". Grandma is so great. I am doing everything I can to get better so I can come and see you Gary! I have a present for you...although if this cold doesn't ever go away I will have to just leave it on the porch. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!
    You look so much better after the bag of fluids. I'm so glad you are feeling better.

    My vote goes to The bald and the Beautiful.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete