Saturday, February 12, 2011

Morning Update...

Mom had success putting the IV in. Aren't they so damn cute!!!!!!

We got Dad outside for a minute this morning and he LOVED it!

It's the simple things in life, isn't it?


This picture says it all





Good morning everyone and what a beautiful morning it is. The sun is out, the mountains are beautiful and the little bird that has been outside my parents house is singing us a beautiful morning song.

Ok, now there seems to be a little issue we have with our Mom. You have heard our remarks the past few days about my Father's nightly adventures. You know; "Dad fell into the tub", Dad fell into the dresser", "Mom woke up to bath water running and Dad sitting in there praying the pain would stop", etc. etc.
Well I think Mom might be making things up... I stayed the night, sleeping only feet away from my sweet father, fully prepared to fight off any bedroom furniture that might attack him, slide in between him and a bathtub that might suck him in, and so on. I WAS READY FOR ANY FIGHT TO COME MY WAY!!!
Well.... NOTHING! All night I laid awake ready to be the hero and NOTHING!!! How fricken boring Dad, come on! Let me be the hero just one night... LOL! Well, I think my Mom might be making this stuff up because no one is here when it happens..... Hmmmm... Maybe we need to start counting my Dad's pills...
Anyway, boring as the night was, Dad had probably one of his best "sleeping" nights in a long time. He slept very well, but he is now sleeping the majority of the day AND night. He is sitting next to me finishing his shredded wheat and protein shake, not really able to talk much. The pain is so strong that he takes his hands and slowly runs them across his forehead. You can see the pain in his eyes and it breaks my heart. He can get a couple of words out and then you see the pain distract him and then the thoughts are gone.

I tried to read Dad some of the comments and I started to cry uncontrollably, so Mom had to take over. My dad really enjoyed listening to the things people have have to say, thank you! Mom and I have been asking Dad if he wanted to say something to everyone reading this. He kept saying he wanted me to type for him but every time we asked what he wanted to say, he couldn't find the words. He has been trying for over an hour now. I ask him what he wants to say and he turns his sweet heard, looks me in the eye and just smiles... Please know that the smile he gives me is for all of you and there aren't words that could say more.

Mom and Dad were going to try to attend BRITTANI'S swim meet today, but I really don't think that is going to happen. It takes both Mom and me to move him from room to room. Dad really wanted to see BRITTANI today and Zac tomorrow get his Eagle Scout award. He is SOOOO proud of you guys!!!!

While my Mom and I were visiting this morning before Dad woke up, she talked about when Dad and her found "their song". The song was "Our Day Will Come" and it had so many meanings throughout their life. Our day will come when we can get married. Our day will come when when we have children (and I'm sure when they could make children, sorry mom couldn't resist). Our day will come when we have a new house. Our day will come when we have some extra money. Our day will come when all the children are in school. Our day will come when our boys give us a week with out something... Our day will come when we get grandchildren and on and on.

Well this morning she had a small moment and said "our day will come when we are together again and Gary doesn't have this poor, cancer filled body and I will be skinny with two boobs. I'm so happy she said that because we both turned from tears to laughter. It is awesome that they have the firm testimony that they will be together in an after life.
Sorry this is late getting out, but it has been a little adventure trying to involve my Dad.
I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

  1. I vote for hat #1. That last picture of Gary and Raynee made me cry. Thanks for including that comic relief at the end of the post. I love you both and am so thankful that you came to Canada to share our special wedding day almost 12 years ago. Prayers of comfort continue for you in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually like hat # the last, i finished the present and will bring it as soon as i can. love you and love your family. so much emotion that will have to go into the letter with the present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you guys thought of skyping the Eagle Scout and any other upcoming events? -Lisa M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for hat #1. Love that smile Raynee. Love your smile too Gary!
    Thanks for all the updates. You kids are doing a wonderful job letting us know what is happening in the life of Gary and Raynee and family.
    We love you.
    Glynis and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pics!!

    Love you Sister and Elder Bengtzen!!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. a course in miracles videos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. a course in miracles mp3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. acim mp3

    ReplyDelete
  9. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. acim author

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. authors a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. a course in miracles author

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! ucdm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! un cours en miracles

    ReplyDelete