Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thank You!

I have sat down many times to write on this blog, and haven't known exactly what I have wanted to say. My brothers are doing such an amazing job with their updates and posts, and I feel like they describe exactly how I'm feeling. Thanks guys!

I want to express my gratitude today for a few things. Thanks to all who have commented on this blog. We feel your love, prayers and support through your comments. There have been a few comments that have really helped me put things into perspective (like hair is just hair!), and I'm so thankful you have taken the time to write and let our family know of your love for us and our father.

Thank you Teague, Kirk, Cory and Chris - my amazing brothers - for your friendship, love, kindness and example. You are strong incredible men and I am so proud of you and love you all so much.

Thank you Mom for being our rock. You amaze me EVERY DAY. Thank you for your love and the love you have for dad. Thank you for your faith and hope. Thank you for your example. I love you so much.

Thank you Dad. You have taught me by example, love and kindness. I remember a time when I was in school and the teacher asked us to raise our hands if we have always known that our parents loved us. I was one of only a handful of people who raised my hand. I think of that often now that I'm a parent and I'm so thankful for the gift you and mom gave me - that of unconditional love. I love you so much Dad, and I'm thankful for the sweet and tender times we have shared, especially over the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't trade them for the world and they will always have a special place in my heart.

I am also so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the promise of forever families. I KNOW that if my sweet dad has to leave this earth, we will be able to see him and be with him again, and sometimes this knowledge is the only thing I can hang on to.

Thank you.

Alicia

4 comments:

  1. I check this blog every day to find out how Gary is doing. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am so sorry that this is happening to such an incredible family. You continue to be in our family prayers every day. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I had to live with Gary and Raynee for a few months. I learned so much as I watched the incredible relationship that they have. I love Raynee so much and think she is such an incredible woman that my daughter's name is Ainsley Raynee. She cannot wait to meet you this summer Raynee! You continue to be an incredible example to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing each of the children via the blog is a sobering experience that mirrors our thoughts and feelings. We also know what a great inspiration both Gary and Raynee are and are amazed at how well they handle this situation.

    Our very best wishes and prayers go out to all of you as you continue to go forward.

    Ben & Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia,

    thanks for sharing that. I was just thinking how blessed you are to have such wonderful parents who truly demonstrate unconditional love and support to each of you. That is priceless. Take it from somebody that doesn't have a great relationship with either parent. It is a great blessing for each of you to have parents that are such good examples and that are still soooooo in love today. There is no greater gift that parents can give their children than that of LOVE. Your parents have ALWAYS amazed me. They have both made an incredible impact on countless lives, including my own. I feel blessed to be associated with such incredible people. Gary has been Dave's mentor, a dear friend and like a second father to him. He loves him and admires him more than words can express. And of course we love Raynee. Whenever I think of Raynee, I think of a ray of sunshine. I love her light and warmth. She makes everyone feel GREAT! We cherish all the memories we have with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia I am so grateful you are my daughter-in-law and love you so very much. All remember the good times with you dad and mom and brothers and the no regrets is such a good thing to practice. I know when Scott pasted away I was most grateful for not have any regrets. He knew and knows how much I love him and I never questioned his love for me. I had no regrets and that is such a comfort. So all of you keep it up and know Heavenly Father loves us all and he is with you all helping you and loving you. You are a great family and you will always be together you know the plan. Love you all so very much.
    Leslie M.

    ReplyDelete