Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What a Family

I am the newest spouse-ish of the family and I have had the least amount of time to spend with and get to know Gary. I have loved reading this blog and hearing stories. It has allowed me to get to know Gary so much more. I knew Gary and Raynee were such wonderful people but I had know idea just how much they are loved all over the world.
Every time I read a story or hear about what a special, honest, and loving man Gary was, one thing that always pops in my mind is THANK YOU! Through his example he has shown Chris how to be an honest, kind, loving, caring, genuine, sweet, strong, humble, funny, adorable man. Chris is such an amazing husband and father and I know for sure now where he gets it from! THANK YOU GARY!!
I am amazed how strong Raynee and her children are. It was something else to see the unselfishness of every one to set aside their personal lives and unite as a family. In this difficult time everyone has leaned on each other for support, comfort and laughs. The love everyone has for each other is so strong and reassuring.
I am so blessed to be a part of this family. I want to thank all of you for welcoming me and my boys into your family and instantly loving us and excepting us. You have no idea how much it truly means to me. We walked in the door and instantly became a part of the family. We were never judged or treated differently. I am especially thankful to each of you for treating Aiden and Mason no differently from the other nephews, cousins and grandchildren. Thank you Gary, Raynee , Teague, Jen, Caitlyn, Zak, Josh, Kirk, Brandi, Tyson, Brayden, Dawson, Alicia, Rick, Brittani, Nathan, Conner, Cory, Spring, Jaxon, Brena, and Rene.
Aiden and Mason will miss Grandpa Gary and little Kaders will miss out on knowing Grandpa Gary. I will cherish each memory I have of Gary and will share them time and time again with my children.

I love you so very much Chris and I wish there was a way I could take away your pain. The next few days are going to be rough but hang in there baby I am here for you in any way you need me.

Raynee... YOU CAN DO THIS! :)

Much love
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. Really a sweet sentiment about a great family. Cassie you are very lucky and I am glad you found your way into the Bengtzen family, you and your boys. And Raynee you can do this. I promise you will find great joy in everything around you. Everyone is different in how they deal with the loss of really part of yourself. But I found after awhile I could feel joy again when I see my greatchildren growing up and being such great kids and our own kids how special they are. The ache never goes away but the day will come that it isn't apart of you every minute of everyday. You are a strong woman and daughter of our Heavenly Father and He is so aware of what you are going thru and can comfort you, He loves you. Gary is watching over you and always will. I am sure he will be very busy but never to busy to watch over his sweetheart. And at times you will feel this so strong there will be no doubt. My heart truly goes out to you but again you can do this.
    Love you
    Leslie M.

    ReplyDelete