Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Afternoon Update

Our favorite quote of the day yesterday was by Jaxon (Cory’s son).  As they were visiting last night, out of the blue Jaxon says, “Hey Grandpa, I really like your new haircut.”  Everyone thought that was pretty funny!

 Dad had a rough night last night. He has not been able to get comfortable and is in a lot of pain.   He started bleeding during the night and has continued today so we are off to see the doctor again. 

Rick and Alicia came by this morning and had a nice visit with Dad.  Cory and I have spent the day here and Dad has slept most of it.  We are off to the doctor’s office now.

We need a soap opera title so we can always reference it.  What do you think about these:
“As Gary’s World Turns”
“Days of Gary’s Life”
“The Not-So-Young but still Restless”
“Gary’s General Hospital”
“84106” (instead of 90210)
“Salt Lake City” (Instead of Santa Barbara or Dallas)
“All Gary’s Children”
“The Bald and the Beautiful”

5 comments:

  1. I'll vote for "The Bald and The Beautiful"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elder and Sister Bengtzen!

    I just wanted to tell you I love you! Thank you so much for following the prompting of serving a mission so that I and hundreds of others could be blessed by you. I know I will always be telling others about you and how you followed an expected prompting to serve a mission and how much you blessed everyone's lives. Remember the time Wendy Camarena (Paulukaitis now,) and I got locked out and you drove us to the elders house at 10PM to get our keys? I have a picture of it. I also always remember Elder Bengtzen's funny comment about how in France the motto is "the customer is always wrong" and when Sister Bengtzen came up the institute stairs 10 or 15 minutes after leaving to get her hair cut and said to Elder Bengtzen "Well, I'm doing better than you are: My hairdresser will be back the 15th, but your pants are stuck at the dry cleaner's until the 31st!" (or something like that. Clearly this was the month of August 2004.) I have learned so much from you, and you have blessed my life TREMENDOUSLY. I really wish that I could see you. I really appreciate everything your children are doing to let us all know so much about this journey, it is so selfless of them. I send all my love and hugs to both of you! Two of my favorite people ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten votes for the "The Not so Young . . . "

    Btw - Kirsten spends a lot of time in the tub trying to get away from pain. She would be the "young and the wrinkled."

    How about "Little House on the Hudson (or 15th)"

    Kirsten suggests, "Everyone Loves Gary!" I'll vote for that!

    Love you guys!

    The Morrises

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for sharing and keeping us updated with Gary's progress. I know there are many times during the week that I wonder how he is doing. It is so wonderful that you are all so open and willing to share and no one is left wondering. I'm glad to see you can all still smile during this trial. I laughed out loud when I read "The not-so-young but still restless"! Thanks for being great examples of Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is

    Everyone loves the Bengtzens

    ReplyDelete