Friday, January 28, 2011

Morning Update

Sometimes I feel like I should start these out with “Dear Diary” ha ha.

Dad had the best sleep he has had in awhile.  He was only up once but did wake up in pain.  They switched his pain patch to a stronger dose and hopefully that is the reason he did better.  He said he feels well this morning.  Mom on the other hand is back to her usual sleep habits which are not good.  She wakes up around 4:00 and can’t get back to sleep.  I told her to knock it off but she has always had a hard time minding. :)

I spent the day at Mom and Dad’s yesterday.  As people drop off meals, I have had so much fun talking with people I know from my youth.  What great friends Mom and Dad have in their neighborhood and throughout the world!

I’m off to get Dad a Jamba Juice.  If anyone has any ideas on how to fatten him up, let us know (preferably something healthy and legal!). :)

4 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that the pain medication dosage is getting better and that Gary can get some sleep. That's when a lot of the re-building takes place is when he's sleeping.

    Iceberg malts and shakes and Crown Burger Sweet Potato Fries are pretty good for putting on extra weight. If Gary can tolerate them, that's a suggestion; and if he can't, I'm sure Raynee would be happy to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go for a big Nielsen's concrete! That works miracles for my weight gain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for you Gary--and for your entire family. I'm Jen's sister and live in the Boston area. We love Jen and Teague and their family. Teague keeps us laughing whenever we're with him. They always speak of you and Renee lovingly and we feel we've gotten to know you over the years--even vicariously. We're pulling for you and hope that your pain lessens and your appetite increases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chase is one of Raynee's preschool students. We are going through the same thing with my mom who has stage 4 breast cancer. We use the Magic Bullet constantly to make smoothies at home. It is the only thing she can eat. We buy the frozen fruit at Costco so it makes the smoothies much more affordable.

    In one magic bullet cup, fill the cup 3/4 full with frozen fruit, 1/2 banana, 3 oz. yogurt, and then fill with orange juice. Mix until fully blended.

    ReplyDelete