Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Morning Update

The good news is that Mom slept through the night!  For a long time she has not been able to sleep past 4:00 or 4:30.  This morning she slept in until 7:00.  The first text the kids received was, "I don't know if your dad was up or not last night - I zonked!!!  I woke up with a start at 7:00 and checked him to see if he was breathing - he was and is!!! He's still sleeping and I'm ready for the day!"  She is so funny!!

The bad news is that Dad did not sleep through the night.  Her next text read, "Well - I lied. He wasn't throwing up but was up a lot of the night with a massive headache and psychedelic dreams about drug kids trying to keep him on drugs! He’s better this morning.  Darn – I slept through all that!!!”  Again…she is so funny.

I am staying here today while Mom teaches pre-school.  When I arrived this morning Dad was in the front room watching TV.  We talked for a bit and he said he didn’t have a great night but is feeling much better now.  He said to me twice that he thinks we “have turned the corner.”  I really hope so!!!  He looks good and is pretty coherent.  He told me he is having a hard time putting a timeline together because he has been so out of it.  Hopefully today will be a better day for him.

3 comments:

  1. Gary,

    My heart is full of pain hearing about your recent bout with cancer. I lost my father a year ago November to cancer and my brother is currently struggling with cancer. It seems like you were just in my office discussing print jobs. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family as you go through this battle. Don't give up. You're a fighter and I know you will grow through this trial. You are a great example to me. Take care.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,

    I don't know you, but your wonderful wife teaches preschool to my daughter. I am confident you are as amazing as your kids think you are because you were smart enough to marry one great woman and clearly raised great children. Please know that we pray for you in our home.

    - Emily Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooooo glad you felt better this morning!!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete