Monday, January 17, 2011

Morning update

Well unfortunately the hospital didn't help after all. Dad is still "out of it" and his sickness came back shortly after I left. Dad and Mom were up all night AGAIN! Mom said it was his worst night yet. He is sleeping right now after he ate 1 bite of a cracker and a little sip of his drink. Let's hope that we are over the top now and we can start nursing back to a coherent, less painful condition.

Mom is taking the grandkids to breakfast to have a conversation about Dad's condition. It will be just her and the older grandkids so they can talk about feelings, ask questions about Dad's cancer without all of the adults around, etc. How sweet that she still can do things like this after 3 nights without sleep. As Mom and Braydan walked out the door she grabbed an entire box of tissue. I fell bad for the people sitting around that table...

5 comments:

  1. I love you Gary and Raynee! My prayers are with you, if you need anything PLEASE ask :) Even if you just need to vent, vent my way! Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Traci Ostler-Peterson (from Summit)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you both so much, and I am praying that Gary's pain goes away!!!! And that Raynee is able to find the strength to cope.

    So many prayers are going up for you, that Heavenly Father will surely answer and give you the peace and freedom from pain and suffering that you need.

    You're both such amazing examples of love and devotion and strength.

    You are blessed with wonderful children and grandchildren who love you, what a great blessing that is.

    Thank you for the updates, and we pray that soon you'll be able to report that Gary is resting comfortably and free of pain.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with your family. I'm sure the entire group of return missionaries from France are praying for you as well!

    Get well soon!
    -Carrie Peyton Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary and Raynee,
    I read your blog every day and I appreciate the updates. I think of you often, you and your family are in my prayers.
    You are an incredible family and I am priviledged to know you.
    Raynee, you are a shining light and I'm glad Gary has you by his side. Your strength and sense of humor are the best medicine he could receive.
    Love you all,
    Sue Rawson

    ReplyDelete