Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Father

I know it has taken me a little while to post on this. i drove up to SLC last Wednesday, hung out with pops on Thursday morning while he was getting his first round of chemo, then flew to St. Louis for a Bikers Against Child Abuse International Meeting. This blog is what has kept me in the loop with everything while i was at meetings all weekend i could jump on my phone in between meetings and get caught up.
Sunday when i landed in SLC i got a text that mom was taking dad to the hospital. I stopped off at Cassie's Moms house to see my new baby boy that i hadn't seen all weekend and off to the hospital i went. Dad was in a lot of pain! it was hard to see. but they got him balanced out and we were able to leave the hospital about 8:30 that night. As Kirk mentioned it took both of us to get dad up the stairs to the house.
it is pretty hard for me to live so far away and not able to go see him when i want.

My father is an amazing man as you all know! he has done so much and taught everyone he meets how to be a good, honest, loving, caring, and kind, man, father, husband, grandpa, son, and cousin!

Dad you were always my dad, when i came to work for you in St George about 10 years ago you became not only my dad but one of my best friends. that time we spent together is irreplaceable! you taught me so much about my self and how to talk with people and how to communicat. the biggest thing was to be honest. "Every thing is always better in business or anything else if your up front and honest" you would say that a lot. not that i was not honest but when a job was behind schedule you taught me to not beat around the bush, and communicate what you know when you know it and if it was my fault own up to it and people will respect you for it.
That is so true!
There are times i go back and think when i was 8 and Cory was 10 years old, us buying that old Kawasaki KE125 and how then on out until high school how every Saturday was devoted to you taking us riding. the joke was that mom did not ever want to get a phone call from us before we would get home because that meant we were on the way to the hospital because someone crashed and was hurt.
those times on the bikes we so much fun and something that none of us could forget!

Dad,
it is hard for me being so far away! i am not able to come see you every night like i want to. but know i am thinking of you all the time and that i love you so very much!
i love you!
Chris

5 comments:

  1. Well said bro. We're pulling for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad is one amazing man. He is in my thoughts and prayers Chris.

    Lots of love,
    Amy (Stevens) Reed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Chris, ya made me tear up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a cute 8 year old in Primary named Chris :). Your Father and Mom are lucky to have such wonderful, caring children. You are all in our prayers! Lots of love, Lisa Morrise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this entry. Chris, what a sweet tribute to your dad. He has always lived his life just as he counseled you to do: with honesty and integrity. You are indeed blessed to have such wonderful, loving parents. And they are blessed to have you and your siblings who love and care so deeply for them.

    I love your whole family so much and think of you all daily.

    Love, Marti

    ReplyDelete