Thursday, January 13, 2011

First day of Chemo




Look at that handsome stud taking his first dose of Chemo! Everyone take a good look at that so called "blond" hair because it will be gone very soon. What do we think... Maybe an Elvis wig????? Or should we get him a "mullet" (not sure how to spell that)?
His pain is incredibly strong. After weeks and weeks of hospitals and Doctors, we finally found that if he takes 2 different STRONG pain medications (at the same time) to take the edge off.
While we were sitting there today, Dad was reading all of the wonderful comments posted on this blog. Thank you everyone for your love and support because it really seemed to cheer him up.
Dad is always more concerned that the rest of the family is okay more than revealing how he is really feeling. STOP IT DAD!!! Our family has tremendous faith in God and what God wants for him/us. I selfishly pray every minute that God wants what I do....
I LOVE YOU MOSTEST DAD!!!!

5 comments:

  1. hey Gary Joan and I are praying for you. we are going to the temple tomorrow with our ward and we will put your name on the prayer roll. over the last few years I have had several patients face chemo. we have seen miracles and are praying for one for you. I just passed my 6 year mark after my prostate cancer. hang in there. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family will be in our prayers Gary!
    Love Melanie (McBride)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary, I don't know you that well, but I know Raynee she teaches preschool to my son, And you're in my ward! You have such an amazing spirit that shines through your family. We are praying for you. Keep your head up (which I know you're already doing by the looks of it!) We love you!

    If you'd like you can find out about us on our blog
    www.dallinsarah.blogspot.com
    Or if you have some time on your hands to read some funny stories about a 2 and 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! This is Angie Garrido. I vote for the Elvis wig... but make it grey or white to keep his personality!!!

    You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love you and hope you are doing well today!

    Angie (Jaime, Gael and Kenya)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary and Raynee,

    Just a quick note to say Joanne and I love you and think you guys are great.

    Memory #1 from the Moffatts:

    One Christmas a number of years ago we were pretty strapped as I was in school full-time. G & R took us to their Santa-stash hideout and let us find stuff for us and the kids (I still wear a great waterproof jacket). On our way out Gary wanted to make sure we had enough green beans and cranberry sauce. We took a few cans of each, then Gary said "That's not enough" and handed us some more, then loaded us up with the rest of them -- several flats of each! He jokingly said they would even be good together. I can tell you that they were. Every time I wear that jacket, or eat green beans and cranberries I think of how kind the Bengtzens are. ;)

    ReplyDelete