Sunday, January 23, 2011

Good evening everyone...

On behalf of our family, I would like to thank everyone for their gracious fast and prayers today. This was new to my kids, but even Braydan went all day without any food or water. He didn't complain one time and said he will "try anything to help grandpa". Braydan is so right, our family will try ANYTHING at this point if there is ANY chance of helping Dad.

Dad had a pretty good day. Mom went to church with my Grandpa Ken and then took him and Grandma Rene to a 2 hour brunch. Poor Mom had to watch Grandpa Ken eat for well over an hour while she was fasting. Bless her heart! On the flip side, Dad was VERY grateful for this LONG brunch because he finally had some peaceful sleep without my Mom or any of us hounding him to walk or eat. Don't get used to it Dad because next time one of us will be there to keep you moving.

To break our fast today, I made some incredible Italian food and wrapped it in "Olive Garden" packages, really I made it, I did, I did... Brandi, the kids and I joined Mom and Dad for a wonderful prayer and a perfect meal. Even though my Mom says prayers that can sometime go on for a week, she really gave a good one tonight. Thanks Mom! After the prayer, Dad ate most of his food and all of us inhaled everything else!

Thanks again for all of the people who joined our fast. We had over 400 people look at the blog yesterday. Our family sincerely and humbly would like to thank every single person who is taking time out of their day to show love and interest in our loving Father. THANK YOU!!!!

Sleep well Dad, you are loved by more than you could imagine. Thank you God for allowing us this opportunity to join so many people around the world in fasting and praying for our wonderful Dad, Grandpa, Son, Uncle, Husband and friend.

2 comments:

  1. Hello my wonderful, lovable Elder and Sister Bengtzen! I was so sad to hear about Elder Bengtzen, but I'm glad I found your blog to read your updates! I just love you both so much and you were just like a great Mom and Dad to me on my mission. I fasted for you today too! I haven't fasted more than 3 times in the last 4 years from having children and nursing them, but I wanted to help. I hope you have a great week Shea and I are praying for you! I will never forgot what a huge part of my mission you were to me and how special you made it.(And the ice cream socials at your house for the returned missionaries.) And we won't forget the time you took us to Magleby's and the wedding invitations. We love you so much and are happy to read about every triumph and victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a joy for Jason and me to fast for Gary, Raynee and all of you on Sunday. Unfortunately our break the fast meal wasn't wrapped in Olive Garden, but anything tastes good after fasting! We love you so much, all of you and are praying daily for you all. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete