Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Afternoon Update

Dad continues to do well although not as good as yesterday.  He is in a little more pain, nauseas, and pretty weak.  He is tracking a lot better (although he thinks it’s Thursday).  He made the comment that this has been the longest week of his life.  He is sleeping right now but has not been up to any walking.

At one point I told him he needed to eat something.  He gave me a really sad look as if he was begging me to not make him eat.  It was so sad.  I asked if anything sounded good and he said that it didn’t.  I then remembered that Jen had made him some rice pudding.  Anyone who knows Dad know he cannot resist rice pudding.  I asked if rice pudding sounded good and he quickly perked up, smiled, and said, “YES! That sounds perfect.”  He ate the whole bowl.  Some things never change!

Right now Mom is the one I am concerned about.  She is battling a cold (the cold is winning) and she is trying to decide what to do with the pre-school.  She teaches 3 and 4 year old classes.  She has decided to continue teaching the 4 year old class but not the 3 year old class.  Mom is giving the parents the option of stopping the 3 year old class altogether or having the parents volunteer and help Jenny each day.

She held a meeting today with some of the parents (she has another tomorrow) of the pre-school to decide what to do.  I was very appreciative of the parent’s genuine concern for Mom and Dad.  They wanted what was best for our family and that means a lot to us!

I will get Dad up in a bit and make him do his laps and eat some lunch.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping this blog so that we can be updated on Gary daily. My dad said he talked to Raynee last week and also Aunt Betty. He doesn't have a computer so what I learn on the blog I pass on to him and he appreciates that. We are grateful that we can stay updated because you post daily. We are so sorry that your dad is having to struggle like he is and rejoice along with you when he feels a little better. Please tell him that we love him and Raynee and we pray for them daily. They are both incredible people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there to help with the preschool. Maybe I can help if she feels like doing it when I come home.

    Grandpa I love you! I hope you are getting my random texts of the boring random funness of rexburg idaho.

    ps who can turn down moms amazing rice pudding?!? I mean REALLY!

    LOVE YOU GRANDPA AND GRANDMA!!

    -caitlin bengtzen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tell your parents that i love them soooo much !!! I pray for your family !!!
    With all my love
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete