Sunday, January 16, 2011





Sorry for such a late update. We finally are home from the hospital and even though Dad is mentally "out of it", he is in his own bed sleeping.
Dad was up all last night very sick and we couldn't get him to level out. My poor mother had a couple of hard moments when I got there this morning. We blamed it on her lack of sleep, but she pulled it together quickly like she always does. We thought we had him doing better around 10:00AM when he drank and ate a little and then walked for 10 minutes (which is HUGE for him). Since my mom was up all night with him, we decided they both needed to try and sleep. After a little sleep, Dad became VERY sick again. The Doctor told us to get him to the ER so they could try and stabilize him.
we rolled into the ER around 3:30PM and after about an hour, they got him to relax enough to sleep. You can see him finally resting above with my mom and Chris in their masks. They both have little colds so they had them on for a reason, not because they thought they were "fitting in" with the Doctors...
The drugs they gave Dad really made him "out of it". I was tempted to video some of it but regardless of his condition I'm still worried about being called into the "DEN"for a lecture. So I just snapped a couple of pictures, sorry Dad.
When we got him home, Chris and I had to literally carry him up the stairs and into the house. Mom and Brandi made him some food. After Chris left to see his family since he and Cassie had been in St Louise for the past few days, we sat in Dad's bedroom and enjoyed watching him finally get some food in his precious body. Mom and I got the giggles watching him though. He was so "out of it" and was talking but wasn't making any sense. We were laughing so hard it reminded Mom of a time many, many years ago.
See, our Sunday dinners were very important to our family and when all the kids were still young and at home, we all got the giggles at the dinner table one night. Well everyone but my Dad. He was so upset that none of us could stop laughing. But what sent him over the top was when my Mom couldn't stop laughing herself. Tears were rolling down her cheeks as she was giving all her energy to keep her face/body from laughing out loud. Dad stormed out of the house, jumped in his car and made it to Park City in 10 minutes. That's a story we always used when the kids got speeding tickets "Well Dad, people were laughing at the table and so I had to speed..."
Anyway, after Mom, Brandi and I stopped laughing tonight, we went to get him into his bed. Mom and I undressed him and he was still way "out of it". When we went to help him off the chair and into his bed, he looked up at me and said "I don't need help Kirk! Whatever happens when I stand up was exactly what I meant to happen". Obviously we laughed but still helped him.
Please Lord, let my father get some much needed peaceful rest tonight. Please keep his pain to a minimum and please let my beautiful Mom get some rest as well, she truly needs it...
I LOVE YOU DAD AND MOM!!!!!!
Good night

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you all had such a bad night and day yesterday. We hope today is a much better day. Loved the "giggle" story. We continue to love you and pray for Gary's miracle. Thanks for the blog updates.
    Phil & Lynnette

    ReplyDelete