Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good news...

Well as Teague mentioned earlier, Dad is really doing well (knock on wood!). He walked another 15 minutes, ate some McDonald's breakfast (Keep you comments to yourself Alicia LOL), took a shower, had me move his room back around to "normal" and is now going through emails and making business call. This is really encouraging. Teague read him most all of the blog from the past 3 days since he doesn't remember much. Dad really, really enjoys hearing all of the comments of love and prayers. THANK YOU ALL!

Dad described his experience as "I was being forced to go from drug party to drug party. These kids were forcing me to take all of these drugs that was making me sooo sick." Well Dad, you're close. The so called "drug parties" were different visits to Doctors, Emergency Rooms, etc. The different drugs were hoping to stop you from being sick and in pain, it just took us and the Doctors a couple of days to figure it out. By the way, my Mom and I really want to send a "shout out" to Jane and Trisha at the new IHC hospital in Murray (IMC I think). These two nurses were the BEST we have ever seen in our combined years. They were so knowledgeable, kind, sincere and gave us more helpful information than anything we had experienced thus far. THANKS JANE AND TRISHA!!!!

WOW!! what a difference 1 day can make. When I walked in this morning, Dad looked at me and for the first time in 3 days I saw my father... Welcome back Dad!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful!! I am so happy to hear that Gary is doing so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes YES Jane and Trisha were so helpful and so compassionate! they both had personal experiences with chemo and gave such good advise, and suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear Gary is doing better! He is in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I know what Alicia thinks about McDonald's. Sister Bengtzen told me the story when she took her grandkids to McDonald's and they liked the food... I think it was so funny!!!

    I'm so happy you ate something today!!! =)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete