Saturday, January 29, 2011

:ate night, early morning update



Good morning everyone!
I apologize for not getting the evening update done last night, Teague is MUCH better than I am at this...
Cory and I spent the evening with Mom and Dad. It was a VERY relaxing night. We started with a nice visit and we began planning a little trip with just my parents and their children. This really made my Dad excited, as it did the rest of us! Then Cory bought us La Frontera Mexican food for dinner (I LOVE THAT STUFF!! MMMM!) Dad kept saying he wasn't hungry but by the time his enchilada showed up, he ate almost everything. In fact he ate more than he has eaten in a very long time!!!! Good job Dad!!! We are so worried about his weight because he has lost another 7 pounds which has brought his two month total loss to approximately 35 pounds...

Dad's hair is coming out in clumps at this point. As you can see in the above pictures, his hair still looks pretty good. Well... That's because he isn't touching it! If he runs his hand through it, his hand will be full of hair. Alicia told him the other day "Dad, don't pull on it, you need to keep it as long as you can". Dad just laughed to himself because the clump he "pulled" out took ZERO effort at all and yet Alicia thought he was pulling it out.
Unfortunately Dad is still in a lot of pain still. It was very hard watching him because he couldn't get comfortable. He would stand up, walk around, sit on one chair, sit on the couch, stand up, turn his body, sit on the arm of the chair and so on... As always, he is very positive and continues to be the advisor of our family like he ALWAYS has been. He told Cory and me about a very special package that Linda Matthews brought him. A bunch of the Rocky Mountain Printing (Dad's and Teague's old printing company) team got together and had lunch in honor of my Dad. They all signed a beautiful card and chipped in for a very generous gift. THANK YOU RMP TEAM!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!
We love you Mom and Dad!!! But I love you mostest!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for the Mexican food!!! If you eat it everyday you will surely gain some pounds!!! Our food has lots of calories!!!

    I agree his hair looks pretty good!

    I found this thought, and I really like it: "Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us" (John N. Mitchell). I wanted to share it because that is what you've been doing. I think it is great that you all are keeping the humor through this difficult moments. That is so admirable.

    Love you and still hoping and praying the pain decreases.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete